Sunday, April 25, 2010

It was a mess...but God's hand was in it

So every year after the 15th we try to do something special for the kiddos since I've usually been MIA for a couple of months. Just like last year, we chose to go to the Great Wolfe Lodge in Concord. However, this year we decided to make it a family affair and so Scott, Kelly, Emma, Hunter, Mimi and G-daddy stayed in one suite and Grandma stayed with us in ours. I had felt a cold coming on by Wednesday night but just ignored it. Last year I had a cold while we were there and didn't want a repeat. By the time we got there Thursday around lunch time I was feverish and miserable. Of course, there wasn't a minute to spare, off to the water park we went. BJ, Devlan, and Drew and I had a chance to ride a couple of water slides before the other monkey's arrived. Everyone played and played. Devlan's favorite was the pool with a ton of basket ball goals and Drew liked the wave pool. It was fun hanging out with Emma and Hunter....they are precious kids. However, I wasn't sad to get in the car Friday to head home. I think I've learned my lesson and I won't try to do our special event immediately after the 15th, maybe by the end of April I'll be all rested up.
Saturday held another long strain of frustrations. Cross Culture had an awesome community event planned that I really wanted to go to, but both of the boys had baseball games right smack in the middle of the day. So, much to my dismay, I drug 2 exhausted little boys to baseball games in the heat of the day. Drew was 1st...he has done so good so far this season, but we had a few set backs on Saturday. He walked and kicked dirt like he was in "Singing in the Rain" while he was supposed to be running and picked grass while he was supposed to be playing outfield. I was so frustrated, I still didn't feel great and we still had one more game to go.
We make it to Devlans game right on time, but of course we were the last game of the day and so we had to wait and twiddle our thumbs for a while, which might seem like a nice rest, but with Drew it's a constant hawking and chasing him down. Devlan's team creamed the opposition and we headed home with 7 extras....The Brownie Mix!
I was so excited to have Rachel and the girls come visit and in the few moments I had to myself in the Food Lion picking up a few things for dinner...God reached down from his throne and gave me a swift kick in the bum. Here I was, oober excited, about 6 little girls who are near and dear to my heart, but I had refused to find hardly ANY joy on the 2 monkeys that God has entrusted to me during the grueling day. God wanted me to take a second and be thankful...in spite of my not feeling good, even though Drew was exhausted and being a hand full, even though we had ball games when I wanted to be with my friends at the church event....God was still King and I was still His child. None of those circumstances had changed one iota who God was or what He deserved. So this week i am being thankful, good, bad, or ugly....
God has blessed my life in a way I often take for granted, I have a husband that lives for Jesus with his whole heart and this means he loves me like Christ loves the church. I have 2 little boys who were never supposed to be and they are each fearfully and wonderfully made. Thank you Jesus for all your many blessings...please help me to see my life as you do, full of your beautiful creations and remind me that no matter what you are WORTHY of ALL my praise!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Nicole,
    Got your blog site from a friend. Thanks for sharing your heart - it is a good reminder no matter what! Asking that God will continue to teach us all - he has a way of using our own children and others to do that! Blessings to you!

    Kellie
    (www.websterscoop.com)

    ReplyDelete